Monday, August 15, 2011

Korea Independence Day

Seoul - Today's is South Korea's Independence day and it's a public holiday.  I arrived late into Seoul @ 10:30pm.   Because we were having heavy rainfall in Singapore, the flight was bumpy.  Inspite of this, I still manage to catch 2 movies.

Upon arrival, it was my first time to experience massive chaos at the immigration queue. It was so crowded that I never experienced before. The airport authorities closed one wing of the immigration and directed all arriving passengers to the other wing. There were long queues for each counter. As I cleared immigration and took my luggage, there were already a long queue forming up at the 'Nothing to declare' area. I handed over the customer declaration form and exited the area. I quickly approached the KAL airport limousine counter but had a rude shock that the limousine bus services ended. So, I asked for taxi and she said why don't you take the subway. That is out of the question, when I have a big suitcase. Finally, one of the limousine counter staff told me to go to Mapo and take the taxi to TimesSquare @ Yeoungdongpo.


I arrived at around 12 midnight - checked in and was hurry.  The reception staff directed me to a 24hr beef bulgogi shop across the street, next to the fire station.

It was an experience...

No comments: