Thursday, July 29, 2010

Maiya Restaurant

Bangalore - My flight back to Singapore is at 11:05pm and so there is still a full day of meeting.  My customer pick me up at 9:30am - I have already checked out but left my baggage at the front desk.   He took me to his favourite restaurant - Maiya located @ 459/30, 30th Cross, 4th Block, Jayanagar.


Maiya Restaurant

We had Vada, Masala Dosa and Poori...the Vada is very good and delicious.   The Masala Dosa was also very well done and the skin was nice and crispy.    I was persuaded to try their coffee which comes in a silver cup and an empty silver cup.  I don't drink coffee but only tea but this time I tried and it was so good.   You are to pour the coffee into the empty silver cup till it is cool enough to drink.   The aroma is so delicious that is out of this world - even better than any of the coffee smell in Singapore.

I told VN that the best coffee in the world came from the shit...coffee from the civet cat.  

After meeting, we went to ITC Sheraton  Windsor - which is next to Le Meridien Bangalore.  This hotel is part of the Sheraton Luxury Collection and it is really grand and the room rates is very expensive at USD 300- 400 per night.   


Peanuts Masala

The food is not good as compared to reknown restaurant within Bangalore.  I had Chicken Briyani and it was really not as good as outside.   The yogurt which was supposed to go with the Briyani was sour and I avoided it.   I was told by VN that the yogurt is not sour but have a neutral taste.

On the flight back to Singapore, I watched Iron Man 2 - which is the new cycle of movies for the month of August.

No comments: