Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rain and rain in Saigon

Saigon - Arrived at the new Ho Chi Minh Airport.  The last time I was here was with my family in Dec 2010.  The airport was spanking new but the hordes of people waiting at the entrance are still the same.  It was amazing to watch so many people just waiting at the entrance. 

I exchange at HCMC airport which is much cheaper than in Singapore.  In Singapore - I would have exchange for 13,000 dong to SGD 1 but here at the airport it was 16,527 dong.   Beware that the money changers charged SGD2 for transaction fee.   In Vietnam, buyers beware!!

The taxi fare was just 150,000 dong to Renanissance Riverside Saigon Hotel.  

Our lunch was at Pho24 @ Vincom Building.  The menu has much more dishes.  I has Pho Bo (Beef noodles) and fresh spring rolls.   I have been waiting to eat this.  But Lesley had the following which is a mixture of Vietnames dishes.





We went to our customer building and I took some bird eye's view from the Top Floor of the building.  They had an outdoor cafe where we had our meeting.





Later Lesley and I went for our dinner at Ngon Restaurant.  This time I tried a different dish.  

Saigon Special Beer
Kang kong with garlic
 A very simple dish and it was not very tasting.

Ngon Special Fried Rice
Also another dish that is no so tasting.   As we look around we realised that the local Vietnamese were eating fried rice pancakes and so we order one for ourselves.  I think Vietnamese food excel in freshness and not in fried and stir fried food.



Contents of the Fried Rice pancake 

No comments: