Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Gimpo & 75th trip to Seoul

Seoul - Flew out of Haneda Airport to Gimpo (Seoul) Airport and the flight took 2 hrs.  But the best part was that Gimpo Airport is near Seoul City and took about 30 minutes and 18km.   There were 2 emails sent to me from Courtyar Times Square informing me that my current credit card cannot be processed and my room will be released.   I was in Tokyo at that time and was hoping mad as this credit card was used throughout my trip in Tokyo.   I wrote back to the Hotel to express my disappointment and was surprised when I checked-in that they upgrade my room and Tony's to a suite.  Nice!

The suite room is about twice the normal room with a cosy living room.  My room was ready whilst Tony's wasn't so we decided to put our luggage down and hunt for lunch at the Mall next door.   We walked around 5th floor and then took the escalator down to the 4th floor.  Finally settling at a Thai Restaurant called ' Ahan Thai'.

The manager was not able to communicate conversantly in English and kept saying that both of us must take the set.   Why can't one person take the set and the other choose ala carte, he said no with no reason being given.  We finally settle to take the set - 3 dishes - spicy seafood glass noodles, main course 'Pad Thai' - stir fried rice noodles and tea/coffee for Won 11,000.   This was one of the worse Thai dishes I have ever eaten - the Pad Thai was not smooth and a bit tough on the palate plus it's too oily.

At about 5:30pm, we had a congratulatory sessison with Young Jin for the sizeable deal he brought in for the APAC region - toast of whisky.   Then we are off to meet Kevin for dinner.   Dinner was good as it was at a Bulgogi restaurant.  The beef bulgogi was so good we had 5 seets of it with lettuce wraps.   Simply delicious....

Bulgogi
Spicy dry cold noodles
Cold Noodles

No comments: