Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Checked into Mayfair Mariott Bangkok

Bangkok - The flight from Singapore to Bangkok was good and since I watched CSI and documentaries since I have seen most of the good movies that was available. After picking up my luggage, I approached the AOT Limo Taxi to bring me to Mayfair Mariott Executive Apartment, and it cost me Bht1,200 (the last time I paid Bht 1,100) - due to increase in petrol prices. The only familiarity is the constant traffic jam and it begins from morning till evening - I suppose there are too many cars, narrow and few roads.

This time I am staying at Mayfair Mariott Executive Apartments- located at 60 Soi Lang Suan, Lumpini. Never stayed in an Executive Apartment before so decided to try it out. I booked a 1 room apartment about Bht 4,900 (US$122) - but the hotel upgraded me to a 2 room apartment because it was fully booked. The 2 room apartment is huge about 1,000 sq feet - dinning area, living area, kitchen (fully equipment with refrigerator, washing machine and dryer, dish washer, microwave oven), 1 guest room, guest bathroom, and master bedroom with attached bathroom. It was just great - I might stay here the next time. The convenience is that it is just 6 minutes walk to the Ratchadamri BTS (on the Silom skytrain line) or Chitlom Skytrain (on the Sukumvit line).

I had meetings and dinner with my channel partner, and then back to the Hotel.

No comments: