Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Back again in Tokyo

Tokyo - This tip will make it my 23rd trip to Japan. I managed to catch 2 movies on the flight to Tokyo. One is Shanghai Red (which is in Mandarin), the setting was in Shanghai. One of the places in scene was St Regis Hotel, Shanghai - that is the hotel I normally stay in Shanghai. Acted and produced by Vivan Wu.

The other movie was The Great Debaters - a true story about US south where deep discrimination against blacks, and the debaters from a small black college took on Harvard University and won. Two actors Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker. Denzel Washington is one of my favourite actors - an intelligent, deep thinking and passionate actor.

I arrived Tokyo @ 6pm and the weather is nice at around 12 degrees centigrade. The immigration installed biometric systems which I had to put 2 index fingers and that a camera that took a photo of me. Apart from this, the process was quite fast. The Hotel I am staying is Hotel East 21, because it is not one of the popular hotels, the Limo bus frequency to this hotel is low. I had to take the Limo bus instead to TCAT and then took a taxi to the hotel. The starting fare for the taxi has increased from Y600 to Y710, maybe due to the rising petrol prices.

I had dinner @ Inaba Wako restaurant serving Tonkatsu (Breaded Pork cutlet) located walking distance from the Hotel. My Tonkatsu (200g) set meal cost Y1,350 - it is a nice and delicious meal. This restaurant does not accept credit card so I had to pay by cash. I should have paid by credit card for the taxi fare because I am down with Y5,000.

No comments: