Saturday, September 29, 2012

People queuing to buy Ikan Bandeng

Yogyakarta - We took our breakfast to make our way back to Semarang - a 3hr journey and then fly to Jakarta and then back to Singapore.   It will be one full day of traveling for me.

When we reach near Semarang, Pak Adi and Erwin bought Bandeng which is famous for Indonesia.  I have no idea what is Ikan Bandeng is until I checked Google translate and it is Milkfish.  

I never knew how to cooked Milkfish as it has lots and lots of bones.  When I was in Manila, they love their milkfish too and I was told that they individually will take out each bone and then marinate it.   I tried it sauteed and it taste delicious.

At this famous store selling Ikan Bandeng, there were lots of customers all queuing up to buy this fish. The fishes were marinated in different sauces and styles. 

Milkfish or Ikan Bandeng
 
 
Lots of people queuing to buy Ikan Bandeng
 







No comments: