Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Racikan Selat

Jakarta - After the smooth flight from Singapore, I took the silver Bird cab waiting outside the airport and it cost me Rp 200,000 to the Hotel.   It is always my policy to take the Blue Bird family - Blue Bird, Silver Bird and the higher end Golden Bird. 

When we reach the edge of Jakarta city, the cab travel came to a crawl and the traffic was bad - took me roughly one and a half hours to reach Le Meridien Hotel.   Had to quickly unpacked, iron my shirt and get ready as my partner will pick me up @ 1pm for lunch and meeting.

Lunch as a new experience with the food I had never tasted before.   I even took a photo of the menu because there are so many new dishes on it.






Es Mangga
Es = Ice
Mangga = Mango

There are nice slices of Mango in this drink and it  taste refreshing.

Deep fried cow skin
Definitely unhealthy as it's the skin of the cow deep fried but it tasted so good and crispy.   

Racikan Selat
Racikan Selat is salad dish that originates from the city of Solo.   Solo is a city in Central Java.   This dish is more like a beef stew - there are slices of beef, potato wedges, potato chips, carrots, lettuce, green beans,  braised egg,  Lontong (compressed rice cake) and served with sweet soybean-based sauce and eggy mayonnaise. 

Nasi Pecel
 Nasi pecel is a Javanese rice dish served with pecel (cooked vegetables and peanut sauce). The vegetables are usually kangkung or water spinach and a fried egg.

Tahu Pong
Tahu Pong = Hollow Toufu

This dish was served with fried egg and also some prawn battered.  The chilli paste is what makes this dish delicious.









No comments: