Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Back in Hanoi

Hanoi - arrived on SQ at around 12:20pm.  The flight into Hanoi was smooth but the landing on the Hanoi airport tarmac was far from smooth.   Did not catch any movie or TV series as the sound system only worked on one side of the headphones - it's the seat jack that was spoiled.  As it was a short flight and I was also tired, I did not make a fuss about it.   Lesley flight arrived shortly and we took the same taxi to our serviced apartment.  

This time I booked a servied apartment instead of a Hotel - in fact it's much cheaper.   Somerset Grand Hanoi (next to Hanoi Tower).  Many taxi drivers will not know this serviced apartment but they know Hanoi Tower.    The 2 room apartment is big about 883 sq ft.

Before our meeting, we had lunch @ Wild Lotus restaurant located @ 55A Nguyen Du.   This is an upmarket Vietnamese restaurant.





In the foreground, the soup is sea cucumber soup and background, prawn fresh spring rolls.


This is a delicious dish - grilled eggplant with prawn and pork.


I asked the waitress for her recommendations but I did not select her recommendations except this dish (above picture) - Grilled beef on lemongrass stick.    All my dish which I chose tasted good except this grilled beef - it was very tough like eating rubber.

No comments: