Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WiFi Woes..ouch!!

Bangalore - I had a harrowing time in getting onto the Internet.  It started in the Hotel room when the network went down.   So, the Hotel sent their technican to my room to fix the problem.  The technician tried all the ususal keys and it does not work.  I told him that their server is down.  Show him that I am not able to ping to http://www.google.com/.

He went back fixed the problem and for a short time it work and then it went down again.   Throughout my stay, I was not able to use VPN at all.  Tired everything but to no avail.

So, quite pissed I called front desk and told them that I am not able to get onto the internet and I have already paid for it - 'No problem, sir.  We will not bill you'.

Hotel woes => no Internet and cannot use VPN.

Hmmm, maybe if I go to the Airport and sit in the lounge I can get access.  Arrived about 2.5 hrs earlier - sat in the Lounge, it is only free for 15 minutes.  So, after 15 minutes - Tata Indicom will charge INR 100 for 1hr and they accept credit card.   So OK, I entered my credit details, and went through all the process but was not approved.  

There is a number to call - everytime the phone rings, it hangs up! 

Got the Lounge customer service to help me call Tata Indicom, managed to do so and I spoke to the help desk and he will call back to the Lounge after investigating.   I do not want Tata Indicom to bill me when I did not use their services at all.   The call back and  to my surprise - the bank which Tata Indicom used as a credit card gateway does not accept International credit card.

Airport woes => No Internet after 15 minues and cannot accept International credit card.

What a wired city !!!

No comments: