Monday, February 14, 2011

Bangalore during Winter

Bangalore - When I arrived, there was the Hotel taxi waiting for me and we left the airport @ 10:22pm but in Singapore it is already 12:52am (that is 2.5 hrs behind).   There are many touts for illegal taxi - AVOID at all costs.  There are authorized taxis that will bring you to your destination otherwise get the Hotel to fetch you.

On the plane, I finally watch the movie RED (Retired and Extremely Dangerous).   Starring old folks in an action movie.  Solid casts - more laughable than action but I still enjoyed it.

As I am still wide awake.  I decided to watch another movie - CONVICTION.  This is a true story of a sister that puts herself through Law School to get her innocent brother out of prison.  She succeeded after 20 years.

From the airport, it was a straight road with cars honking at one another.  My driver was driving in and out at around 80km/hr and at times 110km/hr.   He was driving a Chevy of a model which I do not recognize.  In Bangalore, hailing a taxi from the main road can be rare and it is advisable to book a taxi.   

After I checked into Le Meridien Hotel, and much settled in and watching a movie on my notebook.  I got a shocked when sometime open my door but fortunately I had the latched on.   Looking through the eye hole, it was a Chinese looking lady with a trolley bag - I complaint to the front desk.   This was the first time it happended to me.  

Le Meridien Hotel apologized and gave me a Red Wine as a token of apology.

No comments: