Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chinese Food in Jakarta

Jakarta - Upon arrival at the Jakarta airport, I walked past what looks like immigration for 'Foreigners' but thought nothing of it.  When I reached the usual immigration counters, I was puzzled as all the signs overhead read 'Indonesian' and I thought there must be some error.  Until I heard a Immigration officer shouted 'Foreigners' up there.  I looked and this officer was pointing back to where I just walked past.   I had to walk back a few metres to the location and there were immigration counters with signs overhead that read 'Foreigners'.

Once I cleared immigration, got into a taxi limousine and the ride took about 1hr to each Le Meridien Jakarta Hotel.   There were traffic jams once we start entering the outkirts of Jakarta.   I was told by my driver that 'Golden Bird' are the black mercedes car with black license plate with any taxi sign and it looks like a private car.   'Silver Bird' is metred black mercedes car with yellow license plate with a Silver Bird taxi sign over the taxi roof top.  'Blue Bird' is the normal metred taxi.   All 3 belows to the Blue Bird company.  I understand also from him that there is a 'Sapphire Bird' a  much bigger MPV with overhead TV and much bigger space.

The website of the Bluebird group - http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/
There is a 24hr hotline number which you can call and they all speak English.
The Hotel gave me a nice room facing Jln Sudirman.

My room

I had lunch with my customers at Satay House Senayan - a very popular Indonesian Satay restaurant that specializes in all types of Satay.   This branch is within a mall called Citywalk Sudirman

Dinner was at a chinese restaurant with 4 branches in Singapore - Pu Tien Restaurant.   I have not been to any one of them in Singapore.  


Pu Tien Restaurant

Delicious Baked crab on top of 'Tang Hoon' glass noodles

Chilli Crab (similiar to Singapore style)
Guess what this?
No, it is not some alien food but fried 'Man Tow' and in the centre of the dish is stir fried chicked.  You are supposed to stuff the stir fried chicken into the 'Man Tow' and eat it like a sandwich.  In Singapore, we have 'Man Tow' to dip into the Chilli Crabs.   The 2 dishes of crabs are so delicious and each dish cost Rp210,000.

No comments: