Saturday, January 22, 2011

Tokyo Tower

Tokyo - Yukiko and Daiseke brought the channel partners from Korea, Australia, Taiwan and myself (Singapore) around Tokyo.  She was the tour guide for the day. 

Yukiko

First stop, Tokyo Tower...

The Tokyo Tower has been the world's tallest self-supporting steel tower since its completion in 1958.  The 333-metre tower is modelled after Paris Eiffel Tower, ony it's 13m taller.  Today, it efficiently serves as a TV and radio broadcast antenna.

We just paid the tickets to bring us to the main observatory at 150m - it was breathtaking at such a height.  From a far, I could see Mt. Fuji in the distance and also visibily recognize some of the landmarks that I had visited before.    From the main observatory, you will get a 360-degree bird's eye view of Tokyo. 


Taken from across the street


I took this photo at the base of Tokyo Tower


Group photo taken by me


that's me in the centre

Here is a useful website on Tokyo Tower http://www.tokyotower.co.jp/english/

No comments: