Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Today is my 28th Trip to Tokyo

Tokyo - Arrived on SQ 634 at Haneda Airport and it was a smooth flight.  Upon arriving met up with Lesley, his wife, Hisyam and Ali (from Malaysia) and off we go to our Hotel for the duration of the conference.    Getting around Tokyo is easy because of their superb train networks.   From Haneda airport to our Hotel at Tokyocho was a bit tricky as the station @ Nihonbashi had many train service running on that single train track and even one line going to Yokohama.   We need to get the right train to reach Tokyocho.   Asking the friendly Japanese never failed me - they are always polite and will render help readily.

Hotel rates: USD 89 includes continental breakfast and free internet access
R&B Hotel - is unique in many ways.   I have never stayed at such a hotel before.   BUT it was very clean.

Pyjamas - At the Lobby, there are rows of pyjamas which are meant for Japanese workers who missed the last train back home so had to stay over night.   The 'jammies' are stripped in vertical green.  

Pillow - I took a number of this jammies to wrapped my pillow.  There was only one small pillow meant for the head but it was really uncomfortable for me as it was filled with platic beads.   Upon close investigation, these plastic beads were hollow.  Wrapping it around my pillow gave me some comfort.

Size of the room - Extremely small.

No comments: