Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ten things that I have seen and done in Tokyo

Tokyo - 10 things that I have see and done....

(1)  The Imperial Palace and the Imperial Palace East Garden.   This is the home to Japan's imperial family.  Unfortunately, The Palace is closed all but 2 days of the year, but the East Garden has open all year and it's free.   I have been there twice since I started travelling to Tokyo.
 
(2)  Mount Fuji + (3) Hakone - I did a full-day trip with Phill many years ago.   This full day tour can be easily arrange by the Hotel front desk.

(4)  Tokyo DisneyLand + (5) Tokyo DisneySea- visited there 10 years ago.   Time for another visit but this time with my family.

(6)  Ginza - This is one of the most expensive streets in Tokyo and it is worth a visit.

(7)  Roppongi - Spend an evening exploring this location as they have interesting night life.  Visited this place again with my Korean friends.

(8)  Akihabara - This place is known as the 'Electric town'.  This is the area of Tokyo to ship for anything and everything electronic and IT related.    I haven't been to this place for a long time but used to visit this place on a regular basis with Phill as he is an electronic 'geek'.   This is like our Funan Centre but 1000 times bigger.

(9)  Shinjuku - I used to stay at Hilton Tokyo and Century Hyatt Tokyo which are located in Shinjuku.   I liked the location very much because there are lots of buzz and things to see.    

(10)  Tsukiji Market - I have been there twice on September & November 2007.  Both times have to wake up early in the morning to catch the 'auction' at the markets.   I understand from newspaper reports that Tsukiji market has closed the 'fresh' tuna auction area because many tourist touch the expensive tuna.

No comments: