Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Penang Food Galore

Penang - One of my favourite places for a food junkie.   I flew via SilkAir, SQ regional airline - the plane was full and the flight was short - 1hr 10 mins and we arrived on Penang airport tarmac.

I met my channel partners there - Donny and Edward (whome drove from KL to Penang - a 4hr drive), we had a number of appointments the next day.  

I took the airport taxi but the driver took me to a wrong Hotel - G Hotel ( a very nice hotel).   I had to pay another RM$ 10 to bring me to Gurney Hotel as the other end of Gurney Drive.  


Hotel: The Gurney Hotel
Located @ 18, Persiaran Gurney
Comments:   The hotel and room has a mediocre decor with nothing great to shout about.  2 of the air-cons were leaking water onto the carpet.   There were cracks on the tiles and the btw tiles were black with dirt.  Will not stay there again.   Their hotel photos on the website looks impressive but it is far from reality and badly needed renovation.

Dinner was a Hawker fare just outside Sunway Hotel - we had Lor Bak, Char Keow Teow.

Drove back to Gurney Driver for Supper - Donny had to join the queue for Rojak (malaysian salad with prawn paste) - one of the most unique taste I have ever had...

No comments: