Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to Taipei

Taipei - The last time I was in Taipei was 3 years ago.   I have  a regular driver, Mr Chang that will meet me at the airport but sadly I was told by his wife that he passed away.   He was a good man....

Upon arrval, took the airport taxi to the The Westin Hotel.  


Located @ 133 Nanking East Road, Section 3 Taipei 104 Taiwan

In the evening, I went with Chung-Li to a stylish Italian restaurant on the 88th floor of the Taipei 101.   It was a beautiful view from the top of Taipei 101.   Taipei 101 also has the world's fastest elevators. These can transport passengers to the 89th-floor observatory in a mere 39 seconds.  To prevent the building from swaying during typhoons or earthquakes, an 800-ton, US$4 million, ball-shaped damper is used to dissipate lateral vibration to a spring system underneath.

http://www.taipei-101.com.tw/index_en.htm

No comments: