Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sashimi for dinner..

SEOUL - It was only last Friday that my travel agent confirmed a ticket for today's flight. It's the holiday season in Singapore and many families have booked their holidays to popular destinations like Korea, Japan and China.

Back again in Seoul for 2 days of back-to-back meetings - this will be one of my shortest trip to Seoul. I took the Limosine bus (602-1) @ bus station 12 to Grand Hilton Hotel. I decided to stay there because it is about US$50 cheaper than my ususal Renaissance Hotel. It took only 1hr 10 minutes to reach the hotel. The Hotel shuttle bus was waiting at the bus stop on the main road to bring me up the small hill to the lobby of the Hotel. The rooms are clean, spacious, and the bed is soft and comfortable. Compared to Renaissance Hotel, this hotel has a wide range of cable TV to choose from therefore they do not have any pay video-on-demand.

At 6pm, Young Jin arrived in his car and we left for the Gangnam area to meet our partner for dinner @ a sashimi restaurant. Young Jin seems a bit lost on the road and he was honest to admit he drives only over the weekend. He was not familiar with the roads around Grand Hilton Hotel and many a times he missed a turning. But it was fine with me as it's Sunday - how can I fault him on his off-day....

Meeting our partner was good and we had a good time but I think Young Jin regretted driving because he could not drink. Young Jin loves drinking but he was sober today. Korean laws are very strict on drink driving...

No comments: