Monday, January 16, 2012

Manila so hot!

Manila - arrived on time to Manila and the weather was scorching hot @ 38 degrees.   I always take the taxi at the taxi counter just outside the airport that says 'metered taxi'.   The taxi air-con was working in overdrive and it simply was hot inside, furthermore there was a traffic jam.  I was counting time to reach the hotel as it was unbearable. 

I booked The Spa at Mandarin Oriental as I had a complimentary gift voucher for a 50 minutes session  that expires 30 Jan 2012, so I had to use it this trip.   Took a taxi to Mandarin Oriental as it's a distance to the hotel and the spa is on the 18th floor.   I was totally relaxed and very therpeutic.

Afterwhich, I had my dinner at Oody's Bar & Restaurantt at Greenbelt 3.
2/Lvl. Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 757-4259

The Thai food is below average...

Lesley arrived late in the evening and we both went across the road for some coffee.

No comments: