Friday, January 29, 2010

Hwacheon Ice Fishng

Seoul - My customer decided yesterday to bring YJ and I along to a day trip to Hwacheong for ice fishing - fully paid by them - thank you.   I had to get up early as my customer will come at 6.45am to pick me up and take subway 1hr journey to the chartered bus at Lotte Hotel.  Brrr, it cold outside and was warned to pad up as the temperature will fall sub zero - much colder than Seoul.  So, double everything and as prepared as can be. 

This is a famous International event and here is the website...
http://www.narafestival.com/07_global/?lang=eng

Me and Chae Yun
Freezing cold -10



Many people ice fishing on the frozen Han river

Young Jin preparing the fishing tackle


My customer trying to catch our lunch


Hand fishing in -10c water

Chae Yun with one fish caught - our dinner!


This is the toughest and I did not want to 'hurt' myself as it will take a toil on my body.   Mr Ko was shivering very badly in the sub zero water. 

At the location, you can also visit the Ice palace....



For Dinner, we had small live fishes that goes well with sweet chilli sauce.  The small fishes are actually baits which the river trout loves and now we are eating it alive dip into the chilli sauce.  It is actually very delicious. 


Our dinner

Fish alive

No comments: