Monday, August 6, 2007

Summer in Tokyo

As far as catching up on my movies - this flight was very productive. I manage to watch 3 movies - the hilarious Shrek 3, Next (starring Nicolas Cage and Julianne Moore) and Perfect Stranger (starring Halle Berry and Bruce Willis). I like Shrek 3 for the laughs and Perfect Stranger for an outstanding plot.



Took the Limousine Bus from Narita Airport to TCAT because the Limo Bus does not go directly to my hotel. The Limo Bus arrives punctually @ 6.05pm and I only reach Hotel East 21 @ 8.00pm (nearly 2 hrs of travelling). There was a heavy traffic jam coming into Tokyo. Maybe, next time I will try coming via the train - I will ask my partner whether that will be faster.



I had dinner @ Inaba Wako restaurant serving Tonkatsu (Breaded Pork cutlet) located walking distance from the Hotel. This is what my meal looks like with additional soup and rice. The set meal cost 1,450 Yen - a simple meal.

Today, marks the 62nd anniversary of the bombing that ushered in the atomic age, as 40,000 people gathered in the Peace Memorial Park in Hiroshima for a solemn ceremony to mark the occassion and to observe a minute of silence at 8.45am, the moment the bomb was dropped on this western city on August 6, 1945.

No comments: