Monday, July 16, 2007

Summer in Seoul

The taxi arrived late at my home and when I reach Changi Airport, I nearly missed the flight to Seoul - I just rushed to my gate to board the plane. Because of Singapore's booming economy, the airport is packed with business travellers. So early in the morning, the 5 counters for KrisFlyer Gold's priority passengers were full. As the saying goes..."When it rains, it pours" - taxi arrived late, long queue to get my board pass, last passenger to board, had to change 5 times for a decent audio headseat to watch a movie"

But I am glad I arrive safely and this will be my 54th trip to Seoul and I like coming back here...the limo bus journey from the Inchon Airport to the Hotel was very long - taking 2 hrs to reach the Hotel. The weather was warm around 25 degrees Celcius, as it's Summer. Today, I am staying at Seoul Renaissance Hotel which is my usual hotel as it is very centrally located at Samsung-dong - right in downtown Seoul.

Upon reaching the hotel, Young-Jin was waiting at the hotel so there was no rest for me this time - it was a very busy schedule. We adjourned for a round of my favourite dish - Bul-Gal-Bi (BBQ beef ribs) and finished it with a dish of Naeng Myun (Cold noodles). This is one of Korean favourite dish during the Summer. It consists of thin noodles typically made from arrowroot or buckwheat flour, and is served in a large metal bowl with a tangy iced brooth. It is garnished with sliced beef or pork, a boiled half egg, slices of Asian pear, sliced cucumber and sesame seeds. You can add vinegar and mustard to the dish or not at all - but I like a dash of both to give it a tangy taste.

No comments: