Monday, July 4, 2011

So strange...

Manila - I think once you start to record things you will find that 'humans are in fact creatures of habit'.  Lesley asked me whether I wanted to start at the same hotel again and I decided hmmm, let's change to Mandarin Oriental Hotel.  I thought I have not stay at this hotel before, but I did exactly last year 2010 in July - how strange....

I knew that Mandarin Oriental is part of the KrisFlyer programe so I asked for the room to be credited with 500 miles and was told that my room is below the point crediting status. So, I asked what is the point level to be given the miles and it was 6,000 pesos.  My room  rate was 5,999 pesos - so I made a big fuss that because of 1 peso the hotel is not allowing me to get the 500 miles.  How stupid can they be?  Maybe I should not stay here again...the front desk need to check for 5 pesos whether I can get my 500 miles - what a joke?

Of course, I will get it.

Dinner, we went to Fely J's Kitchen @ Green Belt 5.   Unlike staying at New World Hotel, we had to walk about 500 metres to Green Belt.

Website: http://ljcrestaurants.com.ph/fely-j/
This restaurant serves Filipinos cuisine and it's delicious. 

The waitress are friendly and very knowledgable - such a contrast of service in Singapore even though served by Filipinos.   The waitresses are paid so much more in Singapore but their service is 10x worse than in Philippines - why?

We had the Relenong Pusit - which is actually sotong stuffed with prawns and pork, Lechon Kawali - 3 layer pork fried and their FJ delicious rice; which came in a huge plate with fried anchovies.  The food is really but we could not finish the rice.

We were tempted to try their desert - Tequila Chocolate cake (very nice...) and Sikreto Maria (literally means Maria's Secret, which turn out to be rice pudding, mangoes topped with vanila ice cream.

No comments: