Monday, May 31, 2010

First time to Hyderabad

Hyderabad - Flew on SilkAir (Subsidiary of SQ) as Singapore Airlines does not fly to Hyderabad and the good news was that I was upgraded to Business Class.   Never flew on Business Class on SilkAir as this will be a new experience for me.   The seats are leather and brown in colour - 3 rows of total 12 seats - right in the front of the A320. 

The flight took off on schedule and it will be 4 1/2 hrs and I will be in Hyderabad.  There are minimal on-flight entertainment with small overhead screens.   The flight stewardess are very attentive and my choice of meal was mutton rice and it was delicious, then mutton was tender and the rice was perfectly cook.  Many times on SQ flight when I choose rice dishes - it always ended up with the rice being a bit too dry and not fluffy.

I was really surprise with the Hyderabad International airport - new and clean and well organized unlike many of the air terminals in India.   The immigration officer that attended to me was friendly and swift.   The drawback was the baggage - the waiting was quite a while.

Hyderabad was once the seat of India's richest princely state.  Hyderabad is booming again as a high-tech hub of the country's software industry.  It's a city whose bright future has yet to outshine its illustrious past.

I changed S$100 at the money changer at the airport and they charge me Rp100 for services - ultimately is still 20Rp cheaper than Singapore.   Oh well!!  There are no clear signs to show where the taxi counters but I was directed to one near the exit and it cost Rp 1450 for a ride to Mariott Hyderabad.  The counter lady said I got a Ford Fiesta for you - wow! like some big limo - it was sitting in a clanking sound of metal....not what I expect after a long flight over.  

The temperature was a cool 33 degree Celsius - and a very smooth ride through the highway to the Hotel.

Mariott Hyderabad located @ Opp. Hussain Sagar Lake, Tank Bund Road.

Hussain Sagar Lake

No comments: