Monday, February 16, 2009

Brrr...very cold in Seoul -3

Seoul - Landed in Seoul in one of their coldest winter -3 celcius. I had to put on all my winter clothing which was packed into my checked-in luggage, this was not the time to lose my baggage. But the very thought of it, spurred panic as most of the luggage was spewing out of the conveyor 'mouth' but no where in sight of my checked-in luggage. My baggage was checked-in as priority - it got me anxious as some priority members were asking SQ staff where their luggage went. But my panic was relieved when out popped my luggage.

Opened my luggage to put on my thick trench coat - rented a Korean moble phone and booked the Limo bus to Renaissance Seoul Hotel. My last stay at this hotel was 16 Sept 2007 - so it has been a long time and the reason was the devaluation of the Korean Won made this stay reasonably affordable. The Korean Won has depreciated 45.5% against the US dollar. So, it was really nice to be back at this nice Hotel.

I had a nice Korean dinner with Kevin and YJ.

No comments: