Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Freezing cold - minus 3 - Ramada Seoul Hotel

Seoul - It was freezing cold at -3 celcius and this trip will make it my 57th trip to Korea.

On this trip, I chatted up an elderly couple that spent about 1 month in Asia going around Singapore, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh, Hong Kong, Cambodia and parts of India. A lovely couple that shared their experiences with me and gave me a book - titled "Eight was not Enough" this is an autobiography of herself. It was written about her struggle in raising 9 children - with 7 adopted and some physically challenged. It was refreshing like a gush to cool breeze on a hot summer day.....not exactly though I was on a plane. They lived in Pleasant Hill which I am familiar with and near the hotel I always stay when I am in Walnut creek. I will call them when I next go to US.

This time I will be staying for 2 nights at Ramada Seoul Hotel - I have never stayed there before though it is located within the Gangnam area. It cost 14,000Won from the Inchon airport to Ramada Seoul via the Limo bus, which took just pass 1hr. It was good since it is the 3rd hotel on the Limo bus route. The room was decently clean, enough room space and comes with broadband internet.

Ramada or Ramada Renaissance?
I am quite curious why they also asked is it Ramada Renaissance Hotel. The Renaissance Seoul Hotel in Samsung-dong was once called Ramada Renaissance Hotel, and it became famous and stuck with many people and taxi drivers. Till, today - many people still call Renaissance Seoul Hotel (now under the management of Mariott Group) as Ramada Renaissance Hotel. Ramada brand name is part of the Ramada Group of Hotels. I have stopped trying to correct people's mindset but just indicate to them the correct hotel and street address.
 Together with Young Jin and Dr Na, we had dinner at a popular Korean BBQ beef restaurant. The food was very tasty and delicious.

No comments: