Sunday, June 17, 2007

It's a special day today

Singapore - Yes, it is - today's is Father's day. To me everyday is Father's day...the screaming, shouting and chasing my children to do their homework. To play an active part of their life is important but it is tough.

My Dad made it a point to get me things which are practical whenever he goes shopping - I am 42 and he stills gives me shirts, shoes, and shorts on days when I visit him. The thought that he still thinks about me when he goes shopping made it special. My casual wardrobe are filled with my dad's practical gifts.

On this special day, my youngest son gave me one month ago - a $1 - this is worth millions as that is all he had - it means so much to me. My second son, got me a can of deodrant and my eldest got me a packet of cuttlefish. It's the thought that counts. Today, I took them to the park and spend time playing with them.

To my father - a Happy Father's day.

No comments: